The three seasons of our “jubilee” will bring together all the cultural fields we usually showcase: art, design, film, literature, workshops, theatre, music, etc. We begin our celebration in the spring with a historic approach to, and partly digital discussions on, the notion of friendship. The summer and autumn seasons will focus on the friendship that exists between artists, art forms and generations. We hope that this period will be a time for celebration and happy reunions! At the end of the year, we will look towards the future, with a particular focus on young people.
We look forward to welcoming you to our coming online events…and to the Institut Suédois itself as soon as we reopen!
Here is a selection of the activities of the year:
- The Mouvements! season where the theme of friendship goes hand in hand with that of linking multiple forms of artistic expressions
- Screening online: Belleville Baby, Mating and Beyond Dreams
- Exhibition Les Îles by the artist Karl Dunér
- Carte blanche to three key players on the Paris contemporary art scene, which will occupy one of our exhibition rooms for one month each: Galerie Nec, Galerie Bendana Pinel and Galerie VU’
- Seminar Paris – a hub for 20th century Scandinavian artists, a collaboration between the Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris and Södertörns Högskola in Sweden
- Swedish Design Movement: september will be our month of design, fashion and architecture, part of Paris Design Week and Fashion Week
- Mini-opera for children based on the book My Happy Life by Rose Lagercrantz
- On va au parc, an exhibition by the author Sara Stridsberg and the Parisian illustrator Beatrice Alemagna
- And much more…
In parallel with all these activities, there will be a programme organised by a number of our partners in France and in Sweden. Click here to learn more.
Thanks to our friends, partners and collaborators:
Arctic Paper, Barbro Osher Pro Suecia Foundation, Jacob Wallenbergs Stiftelse: Särskilda Fonden, Kungliga Patriotiska Sällskapet, The Längman culture foundation, National Property Board Sweden, SWEA, Swedish Arts Council, the Swedish Embassy in France and Tessinsällskapet, The Tessin Society in Stockholm.