After her divorce, Alice hasn’t seen her children for months and awaits the custody verdict. When her son calls her one night, she reacts immediately and takes her children to the Canaries illegally. The fear of being found out by her ex is mixed with that of losing her kids.
After the magnificent Sami Blood, which won the prize for best director of a first film at the Mostra in Venice in 2016, Amanda Kernell is back with her second feature length film. An intimate, complex and personal portrait of a mother waiting for a decision to be made by a judge, Charter raises a number of issues relating to couples, parenthood, the judgment of others—and sometimes our own.
Director and screenwriter: Amanda Kernell
Production: Nordisk Film Production
With Ane Dahl Torp, Sverrir Gudnason, Tintin Poggats Sarri, Troy Lundkvist
- Length: 1h34, drama, 2019, in Swedish with French subtitles
- Admission free
- The lawn is yours: bring a blanket or a cushion
- Admission from 20:30 through the garden gate at number 10, Rue Elzévir
- Screening will be cancelled if it rains
- Seating limited in compliance with health regulations
- To ensure that everybody is protected and that events run smoothly, our team is implementing a number of hygiene and safety measures. Please read the barrier gestures by clicking here.