Yalla Bye ! (ou mes 3 semaines à Beyrouth) Yalla Bye ! or my 3 weeks in Beirut) by Raymond Hosny and Clea Petrolesi is a story of two paths crossing: Raymond has fled the war in Lebanon and settled in France, while Clea has decided to go to Beirut for a holiday. Why Beirut rather than Berlin? And what’s the attraction of cities in ruins? For her, Beirut is a city where anything can happen. For him, Paris is a city of endless opportunity. She seeks the remnants of something broken. He’s looking for somewhere to anchor his dreams. The writing moves between imagination and history, between Lebanon and France.
The show was rehearsed outside to be performed outside: it is designed to take place not in a theatre but within the walls of a city. It carries in its DNA the genes of a type of theatre that needs to push back the boundaries of its traditional home. The text is about travelling to meet other people, and the staging reflects this: the stage is as big as the world itself, and the actors create their own characters.
By/with: Clea Petrolesi & Raymond Hosny
Directed by Jean-Christophe Dollé & Clotilde Morgiève
Sound technician: Soizic Tietto
The text won the Beaumarchais-SACD creative writing award
Suitable for all audiences 11 years old and up – duration 55 minutes
- Two performances each day: 15:00 and 19:00.
- Admission free (while seats last – NB capacity is limited in compliance with current health regulations).
- No need to book in advance.
- Entrance through the garden gate (10 rue Elzévir).
- Gate opens 30 minutes before the performance.
- To ensure that everybody is protected and that events run smoothly, our team is implementing a number of hygiene and safety measures. Please read the barrier gestures by clicking here.