Cross-border connectivity in Nordic–Baltic Art in the late 19th and 20th centuries – this symposium presents a new and critical Nordic–Baltic research front on cross-border relations and circulations in Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Norway, Sápmi (the land of the Sami) and Sweden, including interconnections with European neighbours. The invited scholars explore ideas that moves beyond “centre–periphery” models and ideas of aesthetic diffusion of innovation. The symposium will also give an overview of state-of-the-art approaches to the artistic connectivity of the Nordic–Baltic realm in the late 19th and 20th centuries.
It is arranged by Department of Art History, School of Culture and Education, Södertörn University and the Institut Suédois in Paris, in cooperation with the Research group Artl@s at the École Normale Supérieure and scholars at Nordic and Baltic universities and museums.
- The symposium will be open to public.
- Language: English
- Inscription for the public: email@example.com
- 17th and 18th of May 2021 from 1 to 6 pm
- Program: www.sh.se/cross-border_connectivity.
For any further enquiries, please contact the organization committee:
- Béatrice Joyeux-Prunel beatrice.joyeux-prunel@ unige.ch
- Catherine Dossin cdossin@ purdue.edu
- Léa Saint-Raymond, lea.saint-raymond@ ens.fr
- Marta Edling marta.edling@ sh.se
- Annika Öhrner annika.ohrner@ sh.se
- Maria Ridelberg-Lemoine maria.ridelberg-lemoine@ si.se
- Webinar: Oscar Svanelid, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This symposium is organized within the project Artl@s Seminar, Paris – 2020–2021 : « Artistic circulations in /towards/from Northern Europe » Artl@s Seminar, Paris – 2020–2021 : « Artistic circulations in /towards/from Northern Europe » – Artlas (huma-num.fr)
Institut suédois 50 years in 2021! This event forms part of our anniversary programme dedicated to the theme of Friendship. Click here to learn more.