For one week, a constellation of eight galleries in the Marais will be presenting ‘their’ Swedish artists. The event presents a variety of forms, experiences and generations and an eclectic panorama of artistic practices embodying a dynamic Swedish art scene that is increasingly making its presence felt in Paris. The Institut Suédois, which initiated the project, will be the starting point (or end point) of the ‘art trail’, and will be presenting a group exhibition of artworks by each featured artist.
- Galerie Bendana | Pinel Art Contemporain, www.bendana-pinel.com
- Olivier Castaing / School Gallery, www.schoolgallery.fr
- Galerie Felli, galeriefelli.com
- Galerie NeC nilsson et chiglien, galerienec.com
- Galerie Papillon, www.galeriepapillonparis.com
- Galerie Almine Rech, www.alminerech.com
- Galerie Tokonoma, galerie-tokonoma.fr
- Galerie David Zwirner, www.davidzwirner.com
During your visit, be sure not to miss the exhibition Poèmes et dessins de la fille née sans mère at Topographie de l’Art, in which the Swedish artist Charlotte von Poehl is taking part, and the exhibition In the Light and Shadow of Morandi presenting the work of Uta Barth at the Galerie Andréhn-Schiptjenko, the only Swedish gallery in Paris!
For more information about the artists in French click here
- Guided visits by Institut Suédois mediators will be available: more details soon.
- Admission free.
- Institut Suédois opening times: Wednesday – Sunday / 12:00-18:00. This exhibition is exceptionally open also Tuesday 29 June.
- The best time to enjoy the complete walk is 2 – 6 pm from Wednesday to Saturday.
Guided walks in French organised by the Institut Suédois mediation team will take place on Friday 2 and Saturday 3 July:
- “Bas Marais” walk (from the Institut Suédois to the Rue du Perche), 11:00-12:30. Meet in the Institut Suédois courtyard
- “Haut Marais” walk (from the Rue Saint-Martin to the Institut Suédois), 14:00-15:30. Meet in front of Galerie Olivier Castaing / School Gallery, 322 Rue Saint-Martin
- Guiding is in French; places are limited.
- Admission is free, but please sign up in advance on our French website.
Institut suédois 50 years in 2021! This event forms part of our anniversary programme dedicated to the theme of Friendship. Click here to learn more.