When Dunne and Ella Frida meet at school, they become inseparable. But after the Christmas holidays, Dunne is told that Ella Frida has to move away with her family. Can we still be happy when we are separated from those we love? Where can we seek happiness? This charming, poetic opera tells the story of this quest, of Dunne’s happiness and sadness, and of everything that can help us be happy again…so happy we can’t sleep!
Children will meet Dunne, Ella Frida, Dunne’s father, the schoolteacher and the cat in a story set to joyful and melancholic music composed by Stefan Klaverdal, who combines traditional instruments and electronic sounds reminiscent of pop and modern music.
First performed in Sweden in 2016, this opera for children is being adapted for the first time in French at the Institut Suédois! The Franco-Swedish artistic team is headed by Annastina Malm, a Swedish mezzo-soprano who lives in France.
Singers and musicians: Annastina Malm, Anouschka Lara, Lucie Leker, David Härenstam
Composer: Stefan Klaverdal
Libretto: Rose Lagercrantz – translated by Anna Marek
Director: Annastina Malm
Produced by: Institut Suédois, Association Squadrone Volante, with the collaboration of Anna Marek
Lighting design: Peter Nilstam
Sound engineer: Adrien Bolko
Adaptation of the book Ma vie heureuse (L’Ecole des loisirs, 2013) by Rose Lagercrantz
Dates and times:
- Thursday 2 December at 3 pm and Friday 3 December at 10 am and 2 pm:
Performances for school groups only (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Saturday 4 December 2021, 11 am and 3 pm
The 3 o’clock performance is followed by Comment chanter à l’opéra ?, an opera workshop for children, with the cast of Ma vie heureuse, from 4.15 to 5 pm. Click here to book a place.
For children attending the show and the workshop, a fika (Swedish afternoon snack) will be provided between the two activities.
- Sunday 5 December 2021, 3 pm
The performance will be followed by an opportunity to meet Rose Lagercrantz and the creators of the opera and a fika for the children in the Institut Suédois garden.
In partnership with Paris Mômes.
- Suitable for children 5 years old and up.
- In French.
- Reservations are open: click on the button below.
- Admission: 5 €/child (under 18); 8 €/accompanying adult.
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please arrive fifteen minutes before the performance.
- To ensure that everybody is protected and that events run smoothly, our team is implementing a number of hygiene and safety measures. Please read the barrier gestures by clicking here.